Apartments for rent in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Temporary rentals. Luxury apartments. Vacation rentals · Poetry Building Recoleta
- Does the building have elevators?
- Yes. There are 2 elevators for guests. Additionally, there are stairs.
- I want to rent- what do I do?
You can book directly and safely on our website using CHECK AVAILABILITY / BOOK NOW button. Simply input the dates of your stay (min. 3 nights) and it will display the open apartments. Or, if you would like, you can call us on our U.S. based telephone (415.651.4085), or Skype us at POETRYBUILDING. We will confirm availability to you immediately. You can reserve your desired dates with a valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Diners, or American Express) and acceptance of our cancellation policy.
We ask for the total rent to be paid upon check in. You can pay in cash OR with credit card / Paypal / U.S. bank deposit plus a 5% surcharge.
- The site shows nothing available for my dates. What can I do?
- The booking system only shows availability for one apartment for the entirety of your stay. It is quite likely that we have availability for you but you would be required to change apartments. Many guests prefer this as it gives them a chance to see different units (they are unique to each other). If you would like to explore this option, you can call us at 415.651.4085 or write to us at: email@example.com
- Is it possible to book a date that does not yet appear to be available on your site? i.e.- further in the future than what you have posted on the site.
- We generally release dates and rental rates about 6 months in advance. If you would like to make a reservation further in advance of that time, you can do so by emailing us. We will hold your dates for a particular apartment at no cost or obligation to you. Once we have set our prices, we will contact you. At that time you can accept or decline (again at no cost).
- What do you send me in the way of a confirmation for my reservation?
We send you an email confirmation with our contact information including name, phone number, address, your booking date, payments made.Additionally, we send you a list of our favorite things to do here in Buenos Aires.
- What is your cancellation policy?
Our cancellation policy is a return of all deposits less a $50 service fee if we are notified more than 30 days in advance of check-in. Within 30 days of check-in, you will be charged 50% of your entire rental amount unless we can re-rent your property. In that case we will refund total monies paid or a prorated portion, less the $50 service fee. Cancellations made within 72 hours of 2pm check in time or no-shows are charged the full rental amount and reimbursed based on our ability to re-rent the apartment.
Our cancellation policy is without exception.
- Are your prices in U.S. Dollars?
- Do you accept currencies other than U.S. Dollars?
- No, but you should be able to exchange your particular currency at the airport for U.S. Dollars.
- Do you take credit card?
- Yes, you can pay with a credit card plus a 5% surcharge for the rental amount.
- Which credit cards do you accept?
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express
- Do you accept travelers checks?
- No, we do not. In fact, they are not commonly used here in Argentina.
- When / where should I exchange my currency for Argentine pesos?
We DO NOT recommend changing for Argentine pesos before your trip as you will get an unfavorable rate in your home country. You can change enough currency to get you to the city center at the airport (if this is even necessary). For the best rate at the airport, DO NOT exchange currency at the Global Exchange desk. Their rates are terrible. If you need to change at the airport, change at Banco Nacion as you exit customs. At Poetry, we can exchange USD into local Argentine pesos at the current exchange rate. There are also several casas de cambio (exchange houses) within walking distance. Lastly, there are ATM machines within 2 blocks of the building where you can withdraw local currency. If you choose this option, you should alert your banking institution prior to traveling that you will be in Argentina and will be accessing your cards. There will be a banking fee and currency spread paid in this transaction.Small currency denominations are very helpful for taxis and restaurants. Therefore we recommend that if extracting pesos from an ATM, you pull out $390 rather than $400 for instance to receive $90 in small bills.
- Is there someone in the building to answer questions, help with reservations, or deal with any issues that arise?
- Yes, absolutely. Our staff maintains office hours Monday thru Friday 9am to 7pm and Saturdays as well as holidays, from 10am to 2pm. 24 hours, 365 days a year, we have our live-in doormen there to assist as well.
- Do you provide any sort of recommendations on restaurants or places to go while we are in Buenos Aires?
- Yes. We provide a comprehensive guide for each guest which not only provides room and building information but details our favorite things to do in the city, our favorite restaurants & bars in the neighborhood of Recoleta as well as outside our neighborhood.
- We arrive to the building during the very early morning (or late at night). Is that a problem?
- No. Please just let us know when you will be arriving. Our doormen live in the building and will be able to show you to your apartment at any time outside of our staff hours.
- What is the weather like right now?
- Visit this site: http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/argentina/buenos-aires
- What is typical weather like when I will be coming to Buenos Aires?
- Visit this site: http://www.wunderground.com/NORMS/DisplayIntlNORMS.asp?CityCode=87582&Units=metric
- How far away are ... restaurants / cafes / shopping / subway stop / bus stop / cafes / shopping?
- Very close... Just look at our MAP.
- Can we walk to San Telmo?
- Yes, you can walk to San Telmo in approximately 20 minutes.
- Can we walk to Palermo?
- Yes. "Palermo" is huge and represents many different sub-neighborhoods. Parts can be reached in 10 minutes by foot, others are approximately 20-25 minutes away.
- How far away is the airport?
The international airport Ezeiza (EZE) otherwise known as Ministro Pistarini International is approximately 40 minutes away with no traffic.
The domestic airport (AEP) otherwise known as Aeroparque Jorge Newbery is approximately 15 minutes away with no traffic.
- How do we get from the airport to the Poetry building?
We are happy to have a car pick you up.
The total cost would be u$45. Our driver will be waiting for you when you come out of immigrations holding a sign with your name on it. He will help you with your bags and drive you directly to the building.Or...You can organize a taxi at the airport when you land. If you do this, you should organize this inside the airport at one of the designated booths immediately after you go through immigrations. The total cost should be around u$35 - u$40.
You should tell the driver to take you to:
Barrio Recoleta. Junin 1280, between Juncal and Arenales.
- What are the cross streets of the building?
- We are on Junin 1280, between Juncal and Arenales.
- Is this building located in a central location?
- Yes. Recoleta is perfectly located in the center of Buenos Aires. On one end of the city is the port of Puerto Madero, La Boca, and San Telmo. On the opposite end are the neighborhoods of Palermo, Las Canitas, and Belgrano. Poetry is centered in Recoleta which is the neighborhood between these two ends of the city.
- Is this area safe?
- Recoleta is one of the absolute safest areas in Buenos Aires.
- Is there a gym close?
- Yes, 3 are in the immediate area. Check MAP.
- Is there a gym in the building?
- No. There are 3 gyms in the immediate area (check MAP) that offer daily and weekly passes.
- Is there a tennis court nearby that we can use?
- There are tennis clubs throughout the city. Most require an annual pass but others sell passes by the day and offer lessons on both clay and cement courts. They do not rent racquets. We are happy to supply this information. They can be reached in a 10-15 taxi ride from the building.
- Is there golf nearby?
- There are several golf courses within an hours drive of the building. There are even a couple public courses within the city limits.
- Is there shopping nearby?
- Plenty... see our MAP.
- Can you recommend restaurants, bars, tango shows, tours, etc. while we are in the city?
- Yes, absolutely. Upon check in or if you would like to receive it beforehand, we provide you with all of our best recommendations from a locals perspective.
- Do you have any 2 Bedroom apartments?
- 2B has 2 beds, a queen sized bed that is located in an open loft and a king sized bed in a bedroom. The spaces are separated by a translucent glass wall. Most of our other apartments have pullout sofabeds for additional guests.
- Are all of the apartments on the site located in the same building?
- What is the minimum stay?
- The minimum stay is 2 nights.
- What is the maximum stay?
- There is no maximum stay.
- Can we rent mid-week to mid-week?
- Absolutely. You can check in or check out any day of the week.
- What are the times of check-in and check-out?
- You are able to check into your apartment by 2 pm. You will need to check out of your apartment by 11am.
- Do you do early check-ins or late check-outs?
- Yes. If we are able to accommodate your early arrival or late departure because we do not have another person coming into the apartment, we will do this at no charge.
- If we show up early or need to leave late, is there a place where we can store our bags?
- Yes, we have a secured storage area where you can leave your bags at no charge.
- Is there a safe in the apartment?
- Yes. They are electronic combination safes with your personal code.
- Is the safe big enough to fit a laptop computer?
- Do the apartments come with cell phone, hair dryer, etc.?
- Yes, and more. Please check AMENITIES.
- Do the bathrooms have bathtubs, showers, or both?
- The bathrooms are equipped with showers, not bathtubs.
- Does the television have channels in English?
- Yes, there are at least 10 channels with English movies and programming.
- Do the apartments have air conditioning and heat?
- Yes. Each apartment has air conditioning units and radiant heat which you control.
- What kind of mattresses are they?
- They are all Simmons Beautyrest mattresses.
- What are the sizes of the mattresses?
- The mattresses are either large Queen (1D, 3D, 4A, 5A) or King (1B, 1C, 2C, 2D, 3B, 4B, 5B)
- What size are the mattresses in the sofabeds?
- They are full size.
- Are towels and linens supplied in the apartments?
- Yes, absolutely... that and more. Please check AMENITIES.
- Is there a washer and dryer in the apartment?
- No, there are not washing / drying facilities available to tenants. There are three laundromats within 2 blocks of the building that wash, dry, and fold your clothes for under u$5 per load. They will do so in the same day, Monday through Saturday 8am to 8pm.
- Do the apartments all have internet access?
- Yes, the apartments all have WIFI access. The building common areas do as well.
- Is there an extra cost for internet access?
- No, it is free for guests of the building.
- What is the electricity voltage in Argentina?
- The voltage in Argentina is 220 volts which is similar to Europe. The United States by comparison has electricity voltage of 110V. In addition the wall socket is different than the United States.
- Do you supply us with electricity converters and plug adapters?
- Yes. The apartments have both. The electricity converter has 100 Watt capacity.
- Can you supply us with the cell phone number corresponding to our particular unit ahead of time?
- With the local cell phone you provide, how do the my costs / charges work?
- It is a pay per use local cell phone. You can charge the phone at any corner kiosk and it charges per usage time until you run out of credit and need to re-charge.
- Are the apartments noisy?
The A and B apartments face the street. Each of the windows have been specially treated with imported double-paned glass and seals.
The C and D apartments are in the back of the building and have specially sealed windows.
Noise is not an issue.
- Is there construction going on nearby?
- We do not have major construction going on in any of the buildings around us. Of course we can never control the occasional street repair but given that Recoleta is a well established neighborhood, there is very little heavy construction in the immediate neighborhood.
- Is maid service included?
- Yes, our maid service includes one cleaning / changing of towels and sheets once per week and is included in the price. Additional maid service is available at u$15 per cleaning.
- Does the building have security?
- The building is equipped with surveillance cameras and a live-in door man and assistant. The front door is always locked and apartment doors automatically lock upon closing.
- Do you allow children?
- Yes, of course.
- Our dates cross over between two of your rental periods. How do you charge me in this case?
- We will charge you on a prorated basis.
- Do all apartments in the building have access to the pool area?
- Yes, absolutely.
- Is the pool open year round?
- Is the pool heated?
- Are the rooms non-smoking?
Yes. We strictly forbid smoking inside of the apartments. There is a USD $500 fine for those guests who do not comply.Smoking is allowed outside of the apartments on an apartment's patio / balcony / terrace with the apartment door closed.
- Is the building near any schools where I can take Spanish lessons?
- Yes, in fact there is a well established school 1 1/2 blocks away.